Old February 20th 04, 03:09 AM
Karl Winkler

Default New portraits added to gallery

PB wrote in message . ..
On 18 Feb 2004 05:43:53 -0800, (Karl
Winkler) wrote:

For those interested, please visit

http://pages.cthome.net/karlwinkler

and click on "Galleries" and then check out the portraits.

Thanks,

-Karl Winkler

The shot of the columns and girl was interesting partly because the
columns are so perfectly straight - maybe I'm cockeyed on this, but
can this lens cover that much of the column's height with perspective
corrected while the camera appears to be at eye level with the model?
You cheated, right?? ;-)

You've got a good eye!

There was just an article in Outdoor Photographer magazine about the
ways to compensate for perspective using a 35mm camera... I've always
wanted one of those tilt/shift lenses, but never had the money! I did
this one with cropping, actually. The original frame is quite a bit
larger, with a lot of extra space on the bottom of the picture. I
wasn't that close to the girl... and I think there was even someone
else taking pictures of her when I snapped this one. It was in Paris,
last June. I was standing up on one of the column bases to get a
little extra altitude then I did my best to compose in the viewfinder
attempting to keep the columns straight.

As long as you keep the camera level, vertical lines will be parallel!

-Karl