Old July 2nd 04, 02:13 PM
Mike Henley

Default Kodak DX7630 or HP 945 ?

I'm confused between buying either one of those two...

What is better about the Kodak DX7630 is
- 6.1 megapixels (HP is 5.3mp - is there much difference, really?)
- full manual control over exposure (can set both shutter and aperture
- I like this a lot, has anyone experimented with it?)
- up to 64 seconds shutter speed
- newer model, more so than the HP 945
- smaller and lighter than the HP 945
- reportedly metal (HP plastic?)

What is better with the HP 945
- highly praised image quality, won a DIMA 2004 for this (does anyone
know how the Kodak compares in image quality? - yes i have seen
reviews but i would like to hear from you too)
- uses AA batteries (good point, though not sure how much it should
matter - Kodak says its battery should last more than 300 hi-res
shots)
- x8 optical zoom (Kodak only x3)
- built-in lens cap (Kodak uses a lens cap)

What do you guys think? did i miss anything? which one would you buy?
why? (p.s. they are priced about the same to me) thanks