Old October 3rd 04, 05:04 PM
Donald Qualls

Tom Phillips wrote:

In article , "Magdalena W."
wrote:

Użytkownik "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"

The author suggested that if you
wanted monochrome films to continue to be produced, you should avoid
spending your money on "illusionary upgrades" and spend it on film.

And he was damn right too :-)
I just need a bigger fridge, because mine is stuffed to the limits.
Mainly with Tri-X, Neopan and Astia ;-)

I'm in fact considering boycotting Kodak, since their CEOs
are such fricking idiots and have discontinued too many of
my favorite films (Pan-X, KM 25, and now Tech Pan.)

By which you mean, because you can no longer get some films you liked,
you'd like to hasten the demise of all films?

If I have to, I'll use glass plates coated with my own
emulsion. Screw Kodak and I hope they read that...

At least I have cameras suitable for this -- a couple competent,
reliable plate cameras from the 1920s and 1930s, originally made for dry
plates. I don't, however, look forward to trying to make panchromatic
emulsions of reasonable speed and then get them to stick to glass; if it
comes to that it might turn out to be simpler to go all the way back to
Daguerreotypes.

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm