Old April 15th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Agency using my photos?

eugene wrote:
My brother's wife disappeared over two years ago and her body was
found four months later! She had been brutally murdered! During the
time of her disappearance, a lot of MY photos were used in the search
for her. This week, her murderer was sentenced to life imprisonment
and naturally enough, the local press has been covering the trial and
verdict. In the main newspaper here in the north of Ireland, a photo
was used this week, of Attracta and her son. Under the photo was
printed, photo.....Alan Lewis/Photopress. This was my photo and I was
furious that someone was obviously making money out of it's use. The
Daily Mirror/Sun/Star etc were all using photos but I wasn't going to
buy all of them to see if they too had copies of my photos. I managed
to track down this Alan Lewis and initially I asked if he was the
photographer who supplied photos to various newspapers here. He
simply and (I thought) arrogantly replied, "Yes". When I mailed him
again and demanded to know why he had claimed one of my photos as HIS
and asked how he had obtained this photo in the first place, he did
not reply. I have mailed him since and he still won't reply. Any
suggestions on what I should do about this. I had no intention of
trying to make money out of this horrendous family tragedy and it
makes me feel sick that this guy is doing so!
Eugene

By the way, I am a wedding photographer and this was why I had so many
photos, as I covered two of these family weddings.

Sorry to hear about the death.

I would suggest you have two actions you might take. You could contact
the agency or news outlet that used the photo and or you could contact a
local attorney.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit