Old August 15th 08, 12:21 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Mark Thomas

Default Another Brisbane at night pano..

Troy Piggins wrote:
I have a trip planned in a couple of months, and think that panos
will work very nicely there. Santorini/Greek Islands, thankyou
very much

You lucky, lucky *******! Coincidentally, I was in a fish and chip shop
yesterday and saw two Santorini pictures upon their wall. But the
genius who produced them didn't think the lovely colours of the houses
and landscape was enough, so s/he had pasted in a (completely
mismatched) sunset from another shot. The lighting was all wrong, and
the images had simply been destroyed.

Sigh.

I'm very green to the software. I've heard of PTGUI. I've had a
go with the Canon software that came with the camera -
Photostitch or something like that.

I just saw the comparison you did - I'm sure I've seen folk recommending
the Canon software, but the only examples I've seen have been similar to
yours... Needless to say, I prefer PTGUI! Obviously Hugin seems to do
well too.

As for the focus-challenged tilt-shift shot.. Well, it made me chuckle!

Good luck with the santorini trip. May the light be good! Look forward
to seeing any you care to share.