Old August 14th 08, 02:04 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_17_]

Default Another Brisbane at night pano..

* Mark Thomas wrote :
More work in progress..

http://www.marktphoto.com/examples/pano_night1_test.jpg

Fuji S9000, fl~35mm, 3s f5.6, 5 images, PTGUI, adjusted levels/sat,
lightly denoised, reduced to about 1/3 size and USM.
(Need any of this explained or elaborated? just ask..)

snip /

G'day Mark. I've been thinking about panos lately. I don't have
a pano head, so trying them handheld. Having trouble I think
because the lens I'm using is too wide and getting like a fisheye
effect in each frame which is not condusive to the stitching.

What lens/focal length should you use?

And to minimise the effects of that, should you shoot with
horizon dead centre, as opposed to rule of thirds?

--
Troy Piggins
I always appreciate critique.