Old May 17th 18, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

Ron C:
Ah yes, quantity vs quality. Been seeing a lot of that in the
music industry for some time now. Hmm, also seen with TV
along the lines of 500 channels and nothing worth watching.

[YMMV]

Davoud:
Being a bit snooty, aren't we? My mileage has varied a great deal. It's
not quantity vs quality; for hundreds of millions of people it's camera
vs no camera. And an awful lot of those people are taking great
pictures. These, e.g.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...one-photos-of-
2017_us_5953d2aee4b05c37bb7b3e8f.

And in video, the Oscar-winning movie shot in part on an iPhone
https://nofilmschool.com/2013/03/oscar-searching-sugar-man-shot-iphone.

So stow the smugness. It's still the photographer, not the camera.

Ron C:
I was thinking more of the psycho-social impact where the experience
is being supplanted by the need to document. I have no problem with
great, or even spectacular photos are frequently captured on a phone.
I do worry a bit about the seeming obsession to document life rather
than live it in real time.

Do you really think that's an issue with the hundreds of millions of
people around the world--especially the poor--whose lives have been
enriched by smartphones and their cameras? I don't see it. I just see
people living their lives pretty much as always.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm