Old May 17th 18, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

On 5/16/2018 6:23 PM, Davoud wrote:
newshound:
Much as it pains me to say so, you have to admit that if you are only
viewing on a good PC monitor or ordinary HD TV, phone sensors and
processors do a pretty good job these days.

Davoud:
Indeed, they do. Why would it pain you to say so? Do you dislike the
notion that vast numbers of people around the world can have a
high-quality, all-in-one still and video camera on the persons wherever
they go?

Ron C:
Ah yes, quantity vs quality. Been seeing a lot of that in the
music industry for some time now. Hmm, also seen with TV
along the lines of 500 channels and nothing worth watching.

[YMMV]

Being a bit snooty, aren't we? My mileage has varied a great deal. It's
not quantity vs quality; for hundreds of millions of people it's camera
vs no camera. And an awful lot of those people are taking great
pictures. These, e.g.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...one-photos-of-
2017_us_5953d2aee4b05c37bb7b3e8f.

And in video, the Oscar-winning movie shot in part on an iPhone
https://nofilmschool.com/2013/03/oscar-searching-sugar-man-shot-iphone.

So stow the smugness. It's still the photographer, not the camera.

I was thinking more of the psycho-social impact where the experience
is being supplanted by the need to document. I have no problem with
great, or even spectacular photos are frequently captured on a phone.
I do worry a bit about the seeming obsession to document life rather
than live it in real time.
--
Later...
Ron C