Old October 22nd 03, 04:23 AM
Martin Djernæs

Default Railroad Photo Technique

Hi,

zeitgeist wrote:
I have seen you describe this technique a few times now, but I (as a
newbee) can't help thinking - won't that give an overexposed picture?

One stop under will just drop the tones in value, remember a meter assumes a
medium gray. so one stop under will give you a range of detail but slightly
muted. doing a twilight shot can put you in the area where reciprocity

Now I get it (I hope) - at twilight I meeter the scene and take the
first shot one below. Now I wait and take the second shot at the same
exposure setting. I think I was expecting that the meetering should be
redone!

........................ but generally its an artistic choice, (or happy
surprise when you get the film back)

So basically .. trail and error .. and try again :-)

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Martin