Old March 28th 04, 08:06 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default diffusing material for exposure meter

"Mike" wrote

Any advice on a cheap, readily-obtaining material that I can use to
diffuse the light from the enlarger (below the lens). I want to use my
color analyzer, with its probe, as an exposure meter.

Frosted glass.
Opal glass is better but doesn't let enough light through.
White plastic, ditto.

Matte drafting Mylar or vellum are common choices as they are stable.
An art-supply or drafting/blue-print supply store will have what you
need.

Just about anything will work in a pinch, though:

Thin white drugstore/grocery bags.
Coffee filter paper.
Kleenex ....

--