Old December 12th 04, 08:27 PM
BigMike631

1st book on list - Exposure by Bryon Peterson
2nd book on list - Learning to see creatively by same
or
The photographic eye - Obrien and Sibly (text book type, with q's)

I like the top one the best for any beginner... You will learn most of
what you need from it...

Musty wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to buy a book (or books) on the following subjects:

(I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on these)

1) Composition:

So far I am thinking of getting "Photography & the art of Composition" by
Freeman, Patterson
There is also "Photographic Composition" by Grill

Any experience with these books? Any other suggestions.

2) Technical Techniques (specifically with SLR) - but a book that discussed
DSLR would even be better. This book would have to deal with technical
aspects (eg lighting, color, lenses, tricks etc). A deep discussion on
post-processing would be required.

3) A good technical book on Adobe photoshop (one that deals with PS 7.0 or
CS would be best)

In terms of knowledge, I would consider myself novice. I have really only
gotten into photography using digital cameras (previous owner of an Oly
C-5050Z). Currently I have a 20D /w 17-85mm EF-S.

Thanks
Musty.