Old February 3rd 04, 03:20 AM
Ra

Default flying, film and X-rays

JRF wrote:

"nobody" wrote in message

Craig wrote:

It is best to arrive at the inspection point with all rolls out of the

boxes

and canisters in a ziplok bag. Make it easy for them to do a very fast

hand inspection.

I've flown once with film and requested a hand inspection. In the US,
they looked at me like I was nuts. They then allowed me stand in their
secondary inspection lane for about 40 minutes while they did everything
else they could before inspecting my film. They did the swipe with each
individual roll. Then they did re-reviewed me. X-rayed shoes, pat down
and all that.

On the return through CDG, they just told me to put in the machine. End
of story.