Old March 5th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Default Sony announces H7 and H9 cameras

Mr.T wrote:
"Stephen Henning" wrote in message
news
Noise is ALWAYS an issue, it's just the amount that changes.

That is why Sony uses a larger sensor AND in-camera postprocessing in
the H7 & H9 to drastically reduce color noise.

I would never want in camera post processing myself, but each to their own.
(dark frame noise removal can still be done in computer where you can make
the choices rather than the camera)

Good for technophobe photographers though I guess.

MrT.

I think most camera manufacturers would disagree with you. In camera
dark frame subtraction is pretty common in good DSLR cameras to extend
the useful high ISO function of the camera, and can not be done as well
outside the camera.