Old June 28th 18, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Android app to remove all location data in bulk

In article , Jim-P
wrote:

others found apps within seconds.

Turns out they weren't suitable as I explained.

turns out you moved the goalposts, making the suggestions unsuitable.

I have to admit I didn't fully explain I wanted "folder at a time" by
pointing to the folder.

ok, but you're also thinking that android works like windows. it
doesn't.

manually putting photos in separate folders is not an efficient
workflow.

the computer can manage photos for you and do a much better job, along
with music and other assets.

what's worse is that you now admit that your searches were done using
google play and not with a more capable search engine, namely google
itself (or bing, for that matter).

Google Play is the standard to search for apps on Android. You know that
but are nit-picking once more.

nope. it's not the standard at all.

it's *one* way to search, not the only way, and one which is inflexible
and produces sub-standard results.

You are right Google Play is one app store and there are others. However I
said Google Play is the standard.

I prefer not to use other apps stores and I prefer not to download from
author sites using the brower on Android becase it requires me to disable
security checking to accept "unkown sources" and I choose not to do that.

i never suggested using other app stores.

not only that, but you *also* admit to having defective hardware and
show zero interest in fixing it.

Comprehension is not your strong point. I did not mention hardware when I
wrote "USB file transfer doesn't to work properly between my smartphone and
pc".

you mentioned transferring over usb.
usb is hardware.
or are you now going to claim usb ports and usb cables are software?

Almost every external device which connects to a PC via it's USB port needs
a software driver.

absolutely false.

mice/keyboards are human interface devices (hid), no drivers needed.
hard drives & flash drives are mass storage devices, no drivers needed.
web cameras are video class devices, no drivers needed.
still/video cameras use mtp or ptp to transfer photos, no drivers
needed.

drivers are only needed for non-standard devices.

The problem is to do with drivers. Let me guess, you know how to fix
it but aren't going to tell me.

no, the problem is definitely not drivers.

The smartphone driver looks like it's too new for my pc's OS.

what os are you using?

it's not win xp, is it?