Old April 24th 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

On 2017-04-24 02:23:27 +0000, Bill W said:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 19:05:53 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-04-24 01:34:56 +0000, Bill W said:

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:11:11 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

OK! I found an inoffensive subject for those folks who would like to play.

So here is the SOOC JPEG Acros rendition (14MB) with the RAW file (50.5
MB RAF), and for the folks who just want to peek without dealing with
the big files, a resized JPEG (791KB).
With LR or ACR the Adobe version of Acros is available in the Camera
Calibration panel.

If you care to try AlienSkin Exposure X2, they have a 30 day trial
(works as stand-alone and/or as LR/PS plug-in).
https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/
Their Acros simulation is found in their film presets as "Fuji Neopan
100 Acros".

Resized JPEG 791KB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yfxuwsez20iv60/_DSF4283RS.jpg
SOOC JPEG 14MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mes7v4u49jliphb/_DSF4283.JPG
RAF 50.5MB:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m981iseihumw2q/_DSF4283.RAF

I suck at this. I need a couple of more months.

What happened? You were the most enthusiastic at wanting to play this game.

What sort of issue are you experiencing?

The issue is that I suck at it. To be honest, I spent only a short
time so far. I decided to just pick a basic B&W preset, and start with
that. I decided that the exposure, tone, contrast, and micro-contrast
were the main issues to start with, and I couldn't get anywhere with
those. But again, I spent only about 10 minutes so far. I'll get back
to it later.

OK! Don't drive yourself crazy with this little exercise. ;-)

Savageduck