Old September 5th 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Christoph-Erdmann Pfeiler

Default How to use a hand light-meter?

O Dear,

I've missed Ansel Adams, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_System

This is a very good explanation about the theoretical background!

Yours sincerely

Christoph-Erdmann Pfeiler

Am 05.09.2010 16:07, schrieb Christoph-Erdmann Pfeiler:
Dear Darkroom User,

Am 04.09.2010 10:22, schrieb Darkroom User:
I posted this question in the darkroom discussion group, but was told it
was not the appropriate group to post, so I will try here in the film &
labs section instead.
Film needs to be exposed properly for the best results, so I hope nobody
here takes umbrage.

As obtaining correct film exposure is of fundamental importance to
provide good negatives, would a hand meter be a worth while investment
instead of relying on the TTL metering of my 35mm SLR Camera that I use
at the moment?

please have a look onto

http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/t..._methoden.html

espically onto

http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/faq_methoden1.html

and

http://www.gossen-photo.de/pdf/digital_e.pdf

You can use a grey card to get a proper calibrated setting with a TTL
exposure meter.

Yours sincerely

Christoph-Erdmann Pfeiler

I also use this to transfer readings across to my Mamiya RB67 medium
format camera.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of incident versus reflected
measurements?
I would like to know more about using a hand meter before parting with
my money.
I saw a Kenko KFM-2100 on-line, but it can be any other models and
brands you can think of, as I am not sure what to buy. Please help and
advise.