Old December 7th 04, 08:57 AM
David J Taylor

David Morrison wrote:
In article ,
"David J Taylor" wrote:
How easy is it to focus manually on the FZ20? I have read that there
are difficulties in low light, but I am not sure what "low light"
means. Are we talking about in a deep forest, inside a house, late
afternoon, or moonlight?

Very easy - flick a switch and turn a ring. Dark areas might
include the dark areas inside a house, possibly moonlight. I've
jsut tried this, and finding a lighter area of the subject is OK for
focussing in dark areas inside a house.

I presume that manual focussing is done by getting the image as sharp
as possible, ie, there is nothing to help do this like the split
image in an SLR?

Correct.

Is the viewfinder good enough for this sort of focussing, or do you
have to use the LCD?

Thanks for your comments.

David

Either the EVF or the LCD is fine for manual focussing.

David