Old December 6th 04, 09:38 PM
David Morrison

"David J Taylor" wrote:
How easy is it to focus manually on the FZ20? I have read that there
are difficulties in low light, but I am not sure what "low light"
means. Are we talking about in a deep forest, inside a house, late
afternoon, or moonlight?

Very easy - flick a switch and turn a ring. Dark areas might include the
dark areas inside a house, possibly moonlight. I've jsut tried this, and
finding a lighter area of the subject is OK for focussing in dark areas
inside a house.

I presume that manual focussing is done by getting the image as sharp as
possible, ie, there is nothing to help do this like the split image in an SLR?

Is the viewfinder good enough for this sort of focussing, or do you have to use
the LCD?

Thanks for your comments.

David