Old April 14th 05, 04:11 PM
pltrgyst

On 13 Apr 2005 11:48:37 -0700, "OnSafari" wrote:

If you're going to medium format for the image size, I don't know why you'd even
want to consider 6 x 4.5.

As others have mentioned, the lens and lens cost considerations rule out the
Hassies and Bronicas for many of us.

6x6 is very convenient because, obviously, you never have to rotate the camera
while shooting. This is especially significant if you shoot a lot with flash.

The RB67 and the Pentax 6x7 are excellent, more affordable choices, but I
haven't heard anyone yet suggest the Mamiya 7-II rangefinder. For your described
interests, that would be my choice. (I have owned the RB67, and presently own
both the Pentax 6x7 and the 7-II.)

-- Larry