Old April 13th 05, 08:19 PM
Ken Wyatt

Chris, the Hassy would make a fine MF camera, but (as you say) the lenses
may be a bit pricey. You also might consider a Mamiya RB67 system, which,
right now, should be way more affordable with excellent quality - i.e.,
consider the 6x7 format, rather than the 645 - way larger negative.

Ken
www.wyattphoto.com

"OnSafari" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All.

I am considering a venture in to Medium Format. I currently own a
Nikon D100, F100 and N80. There are a few reasons that I want to try
out MF, but the top reason is the overall quality of the image. I am
looking to shoot artsy black & white street scenes and portraits with
the intent of blowing them up to gallery size.

That said, I am considering my options. Hasselblad has a phenominal
reputation and I have been considering purchasing a used 500CM kit
which has a waist-level finder, 80mm lens, 220 and a Polaroid back. I
thought this was a great starting point. I do realize the added
expense in the future of purchasing additional Hasselblad lenses. My
main concern is quality over cost.

I also considered a Mamiya 645AF, but am leaning towards the
Hasselblad.

Any suggestions that you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Once again the main uses for this camera would be studio portraits,
fine art images, street scenes and to a lesser degree landscapes.

I would appreciate and emails. You can send these to my email address
at: and respond to the group as well.

Thank you in advance,

Chris Jett
www.chrisjett.com