Old October 18th 04, 07:20 AM
Stacey

Tom Phillips wrote:

Richard Knoppow wrote:

recordings.
Now, having said all this basically I disagree with the
original premise that electonic images are not photography.
They obviously are despite any argument about longevity.

They obviously are not, Richard, since

1. the process are different and produce different results.

Photography to me is capturing a moment in time. You can define it in a
narrow way so that only your way of doing it is photography. IMHO if what
you display never actually existed in front of the camera, it's
photographic (or digital) art, not photography. But that's my narrow
deifinition. I have some "digital art" hanging in the walls of my home, but
I know what it is...

--

Stacey