Old June 11th 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video.desktop,alt.graphics.photoshop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos
Noah Stevens

Default video: Photosynth + Seadragon = "All your photos are belong to us"

Holy Christ! That's amazing. I don't know if I am shocked or awed or both.
The ramifications of this software in our personal and private and public
lives will be absolutely astounding.

Take for instance, the recent hullaballoo about the google earth photos of
peoples' streets and communities in cities. "Webcams" (webbed cameras?)
watching your street? How about some software bot putting together a model
of your backyard from the various and sundry photos you may post on flickr.
That sound appealing to you?

On the other hand, the demonstration of the Notre Dame pictures just floored
me. Do you know how many photos have been taken of the Eiffel Tower, for
instance? How about Times Square? Speaking of which, I wonder how the
software would handle non-static images in its computations of a model of a
place... Would flickering billboards and people standing in the way of
landmarks give it pause? Judging by the demonstration, it doesn't look like
it stuttered too much.

What a wonderful and scary time we live in. I think I'll just go and take
all the pictures of my friends off of myspace and photobucket, and close my
windows. Turn on my computer and wait to virtually visit some street cafe
in Amsterdam.

"AnonGoo" wrote in message
oups.com...
A presentation at the TED2007 (Technology, Entertainment, Design)
Conference demoing integration with Seadragon (acquired by M$ in Feb
2007), now Photosynth is one step closer to rulez all our photos... At
http://geekvideo.blogspot.com/2007/0...ur-photos.html