Old June 10th 04, 01:10 AM
Michael A. Covington

Default I want a developer...

"whitewave" wrote in message
...that can give me, mostly with tri-x, Neopan and Plus-x, VERY fine
grain, excellent acutance, good contrast and very smooth tones.
(I don't care a lot about shadow details).

I strated developing my films 2 months ago, and 'til now I've used
only ID11 1+1 and Rodinal with Agfa APX 25.

ID11 seems to be a good compromise for what I'm looking for, but
maybe you can suggest me a better choice.

No developer will give you grain with Tri-X that is as fine as a 25 speed
film. However, in general, the way to get fine grain is to avoid
overdevelopment and avoid Rodinal. ID-11 is not bad; Kodak Xtol (if you can
get it) may be appreciably better.