Old March 24th 05, 10:40 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"William Schneider" wrote
Nicholas Lindan wrote:

In my experience, not much of anything [happened when bleached
toned prints]. I tone 1:9 in KRST or 1:24 Polytoner for ~5 minutes.

On 1:8 selenium toned prints on now-extinct Portriga Rapid paper, bleaching
would produce pronounced orangish-sepia tones.

Strange, I wonder what chemical was formed?

I went back to my notes: Ilford MGIV RC, pearl finish,
postcard stock, Kodak Polytoner 1:24. Not a very standard
combination, but nothing happened - 20 postcards into the
trash. AA, YMWV.

I guess the best answer for the original poster would be to try it on a test
print.

Good advice. Though if everybody followed it there wouldn't be all
that much use for Usenet.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com