Old September 15th 18, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default More on the Mirrorless Battles

I presented EXACTLY what I did.

It's hardly my fault if someone doesn't understand exponentials.

These are forms that represents many things, where something follows
change according to some rate, either negiaive ( i.e. - radioactive
decay, leaking vessel, etc. ) or posative ( i.e. - interest earning
account, etc. ).

The DSLR / Mirrorless issue has both, and follows exponentials quite
closely. I simply presented the relatinships as annual percentage
rates. Round off isn't an issue here.

In a nutshell, photography is more popular than it has ever been
take a look at the rise of Instagram or Snapchat, for example,
Skafisk tells PetaPixel. But literally 98.4% of the consumer cameras
sold in 2016 were built into smartphones * only 0.8% were compacts,
0.5% DSLRs, and 0.2% mirrorless.

Come back in a few years, and there won't be
a mirror to be seen anywhere.