Old September 13th 18, 12:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default More on the Mirrorless Battles

On 13/09/2018 00:38, RichA wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 17:35:53 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
https://www.sansmirror.com/newsviews/who-wins-the-mirrorless.html

Savageduck

I only disagree in one regard; camera makers seem to be playing "me-too" offering what the others are, and not much more. There is no sense any of them are trying to dominate the other, which is what competition should result in. The Nikon and Canon offerings are very similar, with only a couple major differences. Unfortunately, the brick megapixel wall that is keeping these cameras below 50mp is one of the major stumbling blocks. There should be at this point 100mp FF cameras, 50mp APS and 40mp m4/3rds.

Megapixels are a convenient metric but is their endless pursuit really
helpful?

I was impressed when Canon dropped the MPix between (iirc) the G11 and G12