Old November 6th 15, 07:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default How to measure ISO

In article , PeterN
wrote:

If you always do as nospam suggested then you will always record the
maximum amount of detail with the least noise.

That is a good general rule, not only for exposure, but I find it gives
me the best color accuracy.

that's not what you said in another post just minutes ago.

Do learn to read.

i did, long ago. if only you would.

explain yourself out of this one:

In article , PeterN
wrote:
On 11/4/2015 10:59 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:
As a general rule, I would also expose to the left. The D750 gives me
little trouble with noise and I tend to have more trouble with burned
out highs than I do with loss of detail in the shadows.

ideally, it's best to expose to the right without clipping any
highlights.

Most good photographers expose for the subject matter. But then we don't
know about you, since we have not knowingly seen anything produced by you.

As with generalities, there are situations where variance is called for.

imagine that.

BTW A few years ago I remember stating that rule, and nospam was giving
all sorts of reasons why it was a stupid thing to do.

you remember incorrectly. or you're outright lying.

Yet more proof of your well known reputation or being confrontational.

prove it or admit you made it up.