Old October 30th 03, 01:41 AM
TJack

Default Just starting out

Hi Ian.

I'm just starting out with an SLR as well, and had many of the same
questions until a few days ago. I picked up "The Basic Book of
Photography", referenced below, and found it extremely helpful and easy to
follow.

If there is anyone with experiance who has any comments on the book, I would
love to hear them; I know this may seem like the blind leading the blind.

Good luck, TJ

Grimm, Tom and Michelle. The Basic Book of Photography, 5th ed. 2003. New
York: Penguin Group Inc.

"Ian Pettman" wrote in message
hi

I just bought a Praktica BMS electronic in superb condition (ebay), my

first
SLR

Just starting out with photography, Just wondered if you guys could point

me
in the direction of
a web page, or a good book, for basic photography - really looking for
shutter speed to aperture settings, that sort of thing

any help will be appreciated very much

Thankyou in advance

Ian