Old October 17th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
H.S.

Default Automatic White Balance

~~NoMad~~ wrote:
Can someone please explain how Automatic White Balance (AWB) works?

Do most of you use the AWB setting?

Usually the AWB seems to work on my Canon Powershot A520. But I feel
more confident if I choose the Sunny during outdoors sunny conditions
and Cloudy during those conditions. Indoors, depending on the
illumination, tungsten may work. But I have seen better results with
manual white balance using a white sheet of paper when the illumination
is a mixture of various source (evening light through the window,
florescent, tungsten, etc.).

Moreover, sometimes it is worth it to try out the various settings and
see what you get on the LCD viewfinder.

-HS

NM