Old June 17th 14, 02:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

Default Giving photogs a bad name?

"Whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 16 June 2014 20:37:56 UTC+1, PAS wrote:
"James Silverton" wrote in message

On 6/16/2014 11:48 AM, PAS wrote:

"Whisky-dave" wrote in message

On Monday, 16 June 2014 15:15:26 UTC+1, PAS wrote:

No, but in many cases there is far too much regulation of ownership.

In which particualar cases would you say are over regulated ?

Where I live, in Suffolk County on Long Island.

In a nutshell, this is the process I had to go through to get my
handgun

license and first handgun:

1) Fill out a long application including all previous addresses.

2) Provide three personal references and signed and noarized
affadavits

from them

3) The references and my employer were all interviewed

4) I had to be fingerprinted & interviewed

5) I was warned of what could disqualify me from being approved.
Among

them was getting a traffic ticket within the application process

timeframe.

6) I was approved after approximately six months from the time I
applied

7) I can no purchase a handgun. I went to a gun dealer and made my

purchase. But I could not take possession. I had to get a form
filled

out

by the dealer

8) I take the form to the police department and they review the form
and

then must approve the form and stamp it

9) I take the form back to the dealer and then take possession

10) I have to bring the handgun to the police department for their

inspection and then to record the serial number on my license

11) I am only permitted to take the handgun from my home directly to

firing

range and then directly back home when finished. I cannot make any
stops

along the way, no exceptions. If I do, I can lose my license.

That my friend, is over regulated.

Well, you got your gun! Just think what it would be like in the UK.

True, in the UK it's impossible to get one.

yes of course it is, but where do you get these sort of 'facts'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18911651

I'm not sure what "facts" you're speaking of. Am I wrong that in the UK an
"ordinary citizen" like you and I are not permitted to won handguns?