Old June 16th 14, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
James Silverton[_2_]

Default Giving photogs a bad name?

On 6/16/2014 11:48 AM, PAS wrote:
"Whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 16 June 2014 15:15:26 UTC+1, PAS wrote:

No, but in many cases there is far too much regulation of ownership.

In which particualar cases would you say are over regulated ?

Where I live, in Suffolk County on Long Island.

In a nutshell, this is the process I had to go through to get my handgun
license and first handgun:

1) Fill out a long application including all previous addresses.
2) Provide three personal references and signed and noarized affadavits
from them
3) The references and my employer were all interviewed
4) I had to be fingerprinted & interviewed
5) I was warned of what could disqualify me from being approved. Among
them was getting a traffic ticket within the application process timeframe.
6) I was approved after approximately six months from the time I applied
7) I can no purchase a handgun. I went to a gun dealer and made my
purchase. But I could not take possession. I had to get a form filled out
by the dealer
8) I take the form to the police department and they review the form and
then must approve the form and stamp it
9) I take the form back to the dealer and then take possession
10) I have to bring the handgun to the police department for their
inspection and then to record the serial number on my license
11) I am only permitted to take the handgun from my home directly to firing
range and then directly back home when finished. I cannot make any stops
along the way, no exceptions. If I do, I can lose my license.

That my friend, is over regulated.

Well, you got your gun! Just think what it would be like in the UK.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.