Old May 11th 14, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default New Leica T. Is this build-quality counter-productive in thisday and age?

In article , philo* wrote:

RichA:
Leica's are built beautifully, comparing them to even a top Nikon
is like comparing a Rolex to a Seiko watch. This kind of build
quality would have been a great benefit when people kept cameras
for 10 years, in the SLR days, but does it make sense now or just
expensive?

http://www.dpreview.com/products/leica/slrs/leica_t701

Of course a Seiko watch keeps time just as well as a Rolex.

Some people might be impressed with a Rolex or a Leica

but when I see people waste money I kind of think they are
dumb...even if they are quite wealthy.

Don't care about watches, but Leica's are expensive for a reason. Are they
a bit over the top expensive? Well, maybe, but their lens range is just
about the best you can find in the world outside of high end medium format
lenses.

--
Sandman[.net]