Old February 25th 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default Curious - who uses Dropbox?

On 2012-02-25 13:37 , Dennis Boone wrote:
Do you use Dropbox?

I don't use any of these services, but coincidentally, box.net was
brought to my attention. Folks I respect say their policies are less
worrisome than dropbox. Apparently they're offering, through March
23, an upgrade to 50GB of storage for free forever, if one installs
the smartphone client and logs into the service with it.

Thanks. I've signed up, but I don't see any upgrade offer (installed
the iphone client and logged in, still have 5 GB). No big deal.

The PC side interface to "Dropbox" is 'cleaner' IMO (just drag and drop
to a folder on the computer rather than a webpage).

The "upload photo" from the iphone with Box works very nicely - a little
less fussy than Dropbox.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.