Old May 13th 21, 09:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Default Nikon SB-600

Στις 12/5/2021 4:12 μ.μ., ο/η Incubus *γραψε:
On 2021-05-11, Alfred Molon wrote:
Am 11.05.2021 um 13:14 schrieb Eric Stevens:
A new development. I sent the flash back to the Nikon service centre
and they have just reported to me that the flash tube is broken -
shattered. Presumably this happened when the flash was being shipped
back to me although there was no evidence of rough handling on the
box. I would not have thought that they were that fragile.

I find it amazing that you went all the way to send a flash to Nikon for
repair. Nowadays if an electronics item breaks you just buy a new item
(unless it's an expensive camera of course).

That surprised me too. Excellent ones are available on mpb.com for £64. It's
surely more expensive to get it looked at than to just get another.

I had my Canon EOS-30 serviced in Canon Athens for 60 euros, all the
buttons on the back were not working (I bought it NOS in October 2019)
but that's a different case-the camera is not being manufactured any
more. I have the Speedlite 540 EZ, also bought NOS. As the tube in the
flash being shattered, I suppose it's being made of quartz (or maybe
glass-I think it's being filled with xenon). You can see some of my
photos in my flickr account-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/