Old April 19th 21, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default More Hollywood misrepresentation of the law and photogs

On Apr 19, 2021, Neil wrote
(in article ):

On 4/19/2021 3:57 AM, RichA wrote:
The TV show, "The Rookie" shows cops arresting a photographer who was:
-On a public sidewalk.
-Shooting a picture of someone on a street.

The woman in question had been receiving notes from someone, not
threatening so one more reason they had no legal right to arrest anyone.

.

What's "legal" got to do with it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...journalists-co
vering-protest-force-them-on-the-ground-and-take-pictures-of-their-faces/ar-BB
1fLgmf

What makes one a journalist? Can’t anyone just say he is? I would suspect
that at least some rioters have decided they are immune to arrest if they
just use a badge saying “journalist”. How many fake credentials are out
there? On top of that, I’m sure the authorities feel even the legit press
is firing up the crowds. So they’re ****ed.