Old January 19th 15, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default Finding restaurants

On 1/19/2015 10:43 AM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

McDonald's is not in anyway considered to be "good food" even in the USA.

However, it has clean bathrooms and surprisingly decent coffee.

While I like Carrabba's, I wouldn't recommend it to a person from
Europe. American Italian-style food is not the same as what a
European may be used to. Certainly not what an Italian is used to.

Too much added sugar, usually. Same with most chinese food joints.

Where are these places which add all this sugar?
As for Chinese food joints, the most nasty food additive is MSG.

And cornstarch.

You really didn't make the effort to seek out "good food" on your trip.
In my town, Paso Robles, at the junction of Hwy 101 & Hwy 46 I can find an
astonishing number of fast food joints, All there to take advantage of
theNorth-South L.A.-San Francisco traffic. However, if I look within a few
blocks I can find all sorts of places to eat, including two French run
places, three real Mexican food places, two very good Italian restaurants,
any many more. Always ask the locals where to eat, don't follow the herd.

in a small town I look for a Rotary club sign. It may not be the best,
but for a lunch it is usually passable.

And Taco Bell most certainly served a "cuisine" totally different to what
we're used to!

Taco Bell = food of the last resort.

I'd rather go hungry, than to Taco smell.

Fast food is neither.

--
PeterN