Old January 19th 15, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

Default Finding restaurants

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 1/19/2015 10:14 AM, PAS wrote:

big brevity snip

Chinese food, or what passes for
Chinese food on the USA, wreaks havoc with my blood sugar levels
because
of the sauces - lots of sugar. I stay away from it now.

You have to get out of the East End. I agree there are no decent
authentic Chinese restaurants there.
While there is one near us, we prefer to go to Flushing, especially
for soup dumplings.
If I see a "Chinese" restaurant with table clothes and forks on the
table I don't go in.

Not likely to happen - my wife is not a fan of Chinese food and rarely
will eat it. She loves Mexican, there is a small place in Eastport
called "El Rodeo" that is an authentic family-run Mexican restaurant.
I'm not too keen on Mexican food but, like most restaurants, I always
find something on the menu that I like. Speaking of finding something I
like, my wife took me to Teller's in Islip to celebrate my 55th this
weekend. Their menu has a lot of great choices for me. There's nothing
like a great steak and potatoes for me.