Old November 19th 14, 09:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitris

Default This is relevant - "Why solid-state disks are winning the argument".

On 19/11/2014 5:24 πμ, Eric Stevens wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/07/storage_ssds/

... Unless your workload is very specifically single source, massive
capture, then you should be running SSDs. Even if you are not running
pure SSD, the case for tiered or hybrid storage makes itself.

SSDs are faster. They have way lower latency. They consume less power.
They take up less space.

Yep!But they still are more expensive than conventional hard drives. I
have an intel 520 series 120 GB that cost 62 euros, as a system disk, I
also have autocad on it, and my only 2 games *wolfenstein new order and
call of duty black ops. It goes without saying that as a data disk I
have a seagate barracuda 1TB for my photos, mp3s, videos and other
programms that there's no room on the SSD for them. I'm very pleased
with my SSD, the PC boots in less than 20 seconds. It is an AMD FX4130 8
GB gigabyte 990XA-UD3 gigabyte nvidia gtx 650 PC.