Old February 11th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
nick

Default CanonA540 vs A630

Pat O'Connell wrote:

I like my A540, but the A630 might be worth your while. I'm not sure
whether the A630 simply requires more voltage or whether the extra cells
increase the time between battery changes. Either way, power the cameras
with NiMH rechargeable cells, not alkalines except in emergencies. The
A540 doesn't take disposable lithium cells, apparently (not mentioned in
the manual). Specs and manuals for the A630 are on Canon's website
somewhere.

Just got back from licking the tires on the A710IS, the A630, and
the A540. To tell the truth, I like the extra tele on the 710 (6x)
better than the 4x of the other two.

Not sure whether 2 (540 and 710) AA cells vs 4 (630) makes a
difference.

Not sure whether I like the rotating LCD viewer on the 630,
but then again you can flip it over to protect it.

Decisions!!!