Old January 29th 13, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Trevor[_2_]

Default Nikon D5200 price, too expensive?

"Rob" wrote in message
I personally do not like the articulated LCDs. Nothing against THEM,
but
I just know that I (sorry I cannot embolden, italicize, and underline
the
previous I's) would find a way to screw it up, or break it.

OTOH I love being able to turn the LCD face in for complete protection
when
I am not using it.
And having an overhead or waist level finder in live view mode.

I guess its what you become used to.

How are these things attached or should I say powered - ribbon cable? So
far, for myself, there has been 3 particular electronic Items where the
cable has failed - flip phones, car air bag, so I'm very wary of this type
of connection.

Yes ribbons can cause trouble, or be trouble free like any other electronic
circuitry, depending on design and quality of construction. However given
that some swivel finders can be swiveled around and around, those would
probably use some sort of pressure contacts, which may be better or worse.
I'm simply betting I will replace my camera body before my 5 year extended
warranty expires though.

Trevor.