Old January 9th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Meyer

Default Herbert Keppler, 1925-2008

On Jan 8, 2:25 am, ASAAR wrote:
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...&article_num=0...

http://www.popphoto.com/popularphoto.../in-memoriam-h...

See also:
http://www.popphoto.com/popularphoto...t-keppler.html

I figure that Herbert Keppler spent his entire life doing what he
most loved doing - taking pictures, fooling around with photo
equipment, and talking and writing about it both to experts and
to ordinary enthusiasts.

What a great life he had. Lots of us work 5 days a week to
live 2. He lived 7 days a week. Lots of us take jobs we don't
like in order to earn money to live. He had a job that I think he
would have wanted to do even if nobody paid him. He was still
working and loving what he did at age 82 when age caught up
with him. What a great way to spend one's old age.

I loved his columns. I learned a lot from him. I always enjoyed
reading them even if I disagreed with something he said.

He will be well remembered and much missed.

Alan