Old January 9th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Cynicor[_3_]

Default Herbert Keppler, 1925-2008

Alan Meyer wrote:
On Jan 8, 6:57 am, Cynicor wrote:
Although honestly, last time I looked Popular Photography was filled
with bait-and-switch Brooklyn dealers, no matter what their code of
conduct says.

I haven't got an issue of Pop Photo in front of me, but somewhere
at the front or back of the advertising section is a statement about
their "Check Rated" program for protecting readers. You identify
yourself to the seller as a Pop Photo reader who is buying on the
understanding that the merchant will live up to his PopPhoto
Check Rated committments.

I did that when ordering a camera from one of the companies that
has lots of complaints. My camera was delivered promptly, exactly
as advertised, at the advertised price. I got no call from a salesman
pushing a "kit" of accessories and telling me that the camera was out
of stock when I refused to buy.

Maybe I was lucky, or maybe Pop Photo's name really did the trick.

That's actually very interesting. Maybe I should try it sometime with a
shady dealer just to see if it works.