Old August 2nd 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don

Default how do you resize photos

"Cassie" wrote in
news
Hi' all.
Could someone please tell me how to resize photographs. My friend was
sent a few photos via email and they are all large raging from 576KB &
some a bit smaller but not much, and she asked me how to resize them.
I'm not very familiar with photos and I have only enlarged them in the
past I think, it's been a while since I did it. Also I am not very
computer savvy just know a little bit more than my friend. She didn't
have any software so I downloaded "Irfanview" on her computer and she
wanted 6x4 inches but no matter what I did I couldn't get 6x4inches it
kept jumping back to a different number, I managed to get 7x5 but not
sure how I did it now. My friend has the starter program of Adobe
photo shop and found 6x4 but it would not print on her Hewlett
Packard. I had a practise on my computer with Grandview as I have a
photo in my pictures that is 576KB but I don't understand the pixel
measurements which is 1188x1848 for that size. I either ended up with
a tiny photo or a large one. I have Canon software as well but again
the pixels and cm have me confused, not sure what the equivalent is
and even if I did it jumps back to what it wants. I would appreciate
any advice and sorry to sound so dumb.
Regards,
Cassie

80-85 pixels is "apporximately" one-inch (depending upon your computer
screen resolution).