Old January 12th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video

Default Avoid the Canon Powershot A620 digital camera

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
[]
I agree with everyone saying that a still camera is *mainly* intented
for still pictures, while a camcorder is mainly designed for
movies.So none does both in excellence.My digital still camera (Kodak
CX 7300) only takes silent video and worse than an 1981 camcorder,
but this never bothers me as it's quite sympathetic even that bad
video for my cousins in Canada, to see my sister's fiancee brother
playing the piano.For *real*movies I have the 8mm Sony CCD-TR425E pal
which is even today excellent.Of course it's no good for overseas
relatives since VCRs in USA and Canada don't playback PAL cassetes, I
asked'em.

... whereas your relatives anywhere in the world /could/ most likely view
the .MOV files produced by today's digital cameras. Cameras like the
Nikon 8400 can produce 640 x 480 pixel movies at 30 fps, probably at least
as good as your 1981 camcorder, with added benefit of electronic image
stabilisation.

David