Old November 6th 05, 04:57 PM
Scott W

Default High resolution photos from a digital camera.

PcB wrote:
I am not trying to tell people that this is a better way to take photos
then using a large format camera, all that I am trying to say is that
some of the limitations that many people believe digital cameras have
are not real limitations at all.

You are correct in what you say and the following is not said simply to
disagree with you. However, isn't there a major difference between shooting
one frame with a 5x4 camera (complete with lens tilt, etc) and stitching
several frames taken on a 35mm or equivalent (digital or film, doesn't
matter), i.e. parallax error. There will be a different amount of parallax
"creep" between the shot taken parallel to the ground and a shot taken at 45
degrees to the ground. I haven't done too much with stitched panoramas so
maybe this isn't an issue?

You need a really good tripod head, one that rotates the camera around
the nodal point of the lens. I use this one.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...tegoryNavigati

Basically what you are doing to mapping angle in both azimuth and
elevation to pixels in one or more of the photos. If can then
reconstruct the a photo for any given pointing and any given field of
view, assuming you cover a large enough area with your photos.

Scott