Old October 27th 05, 06:23 AM
Desdinova

Default Fuji S5000 -- Jump to S5200?

ASAAR wrote:

I'm not very familiar with the S5000, but the S5100 was a nice
improvement based on forum reports I read last December. It allows
for control of white balance, choice of compression level (at least
in the highest resolution) and also can capture RAW images. I've
been very happy with the S5100, and I like the fact that it uses
inexpensive AA batteries. While I generally use NiMH batteries in
it, I tested it with alkalines and it performed exceptionally well.
Using the method mentioned in the manual (lots of flash, frequent
zooming, etc.) over 200 shots per set of batteries. If flash isn't
needed, over 800. NiMH should provide about twice that. I assume
that the S5200 will provide the same battery life.

I've been using 1700mAh NiMHs and I am VERY surprised at the battery
life with this camera. I spent a couple hours hiking and shooting with
and without flash and it worked swimingly. Even had plenty of juice
left over to transfer the images to my computer via USB.

I'll eventually get a DSLR body, which should put several of my
AI-s lenses back into service. Someone just identified in another
message a person that can add chips to older lenses. It's in the
thread " Nikon D50 & Older Lenses" and offered this URL:

http://home.carolina.rr.com/headshots/Nikonhome.htm

Nice, thanks for the link.

Take care,
Des