Old October 27th 04, 10:14 AM
Sepe

"Kilroy_Woz_ere" wrote:

S1 IS - silent zoom, zoom while recording movie. What I don't like are the
AA batteries and not being able to use my existing SD cards.

AA-batteries are a good choice, Here in Europe you can buy a small
smart-charger and four 2100mAh or 2300mAh NiMH-batteries at about 30 euros.
If you do not want to buy extra set of rechargeable batteries you can always
use alkaline batteries instead - for a few pictures at least.
CF-cards are cheaper than SD:s and you would like to start with 256 ...
512MB at least! However CF-cards will be replaced with smaller media in the
near future, also in Canon cameras.

Sepe