Old September 26th 17, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default People Are Dumping Their Fuji X'x like crazy!

On Sep 24, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Sep 23, 2017, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 23:50:33 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 23, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

Can be had for less than USD 250... Is Fujifilm street creed bleeding
down the drain??? Yes, I stop for accidents...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop...20X%2520Series
&LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&Megapixels=14%252D16% 252E9MP&_nkw=Fujifilm%2
0X-&_dcat=31388&Type=Digital%2520SLR&rt=nc&_trksid=p2 045573.m1684

For Erich:

http://tinyurl.com/yczbvdz8

$250 for a discontinued, 6 year old X-E1 body only.
That tells me there are a bunch of folks with orders for a new X-E3, who
are
hanging on to their XF glass. That makes sense. The X-E1 was considered
dead
when it didn’t get the big v4.0 firmware upgrade 18 months ago.

However, you should have made it clear which Fujifilm X camera you were
talking about.

Bunch of XT1's, too, but they are also body only. They are probably
also moving up.

...and I am sure that there will be X-T10’s, X100, X100S, & X100T's added
to the list at about the $300-$400 level. Fujifilm have pretty much declared
the X-Trans I, and X-Trans II sensors at the end of life now that they have
X-Trans III sensors covering the entry level X-A3 the advanced level X-Pro2,
& X-T2, and the X100F, X-T20, & new X-E3.

....and with the X-E3 released for sale on September 28, we have the
announcement that the X-E2 has been discontinued, so those old X-E1 eBay
opening prices’s are going to drop even further.

So, with the exception of one or two cameras (X-E2S) the 16 MP X-Trans I, &
X-Trans II have been effectively abandoned. That all makes sense as the 24.3
MP X-Trans III is truly leaps, and bounds a superior performer, and no
firmware upgrade is going to bring those older cameras up to the performance
level of the X-Trans III cameras.

That said, the X-E2 v4.0, X-Pro1, X-T1, and X100T are great cameras, and will
be a bargain for many folks. I will be keeping my X-E2 as a spare body, with
the added benefit that all the spare batteries I have for it are workable in
my X-T2.

....and I might still buy an X-E3 as my compact, rangefinder form factor
camera, to pair with the X-T2 even though I am not a fan of the touch screen
concept.

Savageduck