Old September 8th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John Smith[_5_]

Default Can one measure colour temperature with the Nikon D3?

You mean to tell me that my Spot Meter in my D3 is useless when shooting
RAW? I haven't found that to be the case at all...

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message

If you shoot RAW it is a waste to use anything other
than AUTO for WB. With AUTO you get the data for
whatever the camera calculated it to be, with anything
else that data is discarded, and the data for whatever
you set is kept as the Exif data instead. Of course
with RAW it isn't used at all by the camera, and your
RAW converter can use any of the presets regardless of
what the camera was set to, except it can't use the
camera's idea of AUTO WB unless that data is saved via
setting it to AUTO.