Old September 7th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dave[_27_]

Default Can one measure colour temperature with the Nikon D3?

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Dave wrote:

Is it possible to get a numerical value for the colour temperature on
a D3? I know it's possible to photograph a gray card and use that to
get the colour temperature stored in d-0, but can one see what that
value is - i.e. how many Kelvin?

If it is, please share the secret.

Don't think so. I spent about five minutes looking for the same thing when
I got my D3. I guess it's really not important?

Rita

Strange we both wanted to find it though. I can't believe it would be
anything but trivual to implement when a new firmware release is made. I
might ask Nikon if they have any plans for it.

dave